Mason ID Requirements
Mason IDs may be obtained on each campus. In order for a Mason ID to print:
- Students must be registered for the current semester.
- Electronic approval hiring process (in Banner) must be complete for faculty/staff, contract employees, and affiliates.
- Some form of picture ID (i. e… current driver’s license, military ID, Visa, Passport) must be presented before obtaining the first Mason ID.
- Please bring your ‘G’ number.
The first Mason ID is Free. If treated properly, the card will last your entire stay at Mason.
$20 Replacement Fee for lost, damaged and stolen cards.
Do not puncture, laminate, or fold the Mason ID.
Mason IDs are not transferable. The Mason ID is for campus use and is intended to be used by the individual whose name and photo appears on the front of the card. Misuse is subject to judicial proceedings.
Electronic Photo Submission Process
The Mason Card Office is now receiving pictures electronically for the Mason ID. Pictures can be submitted to the Mason Card Office through the Mason Money website or via Mason Money smart phone app. This pdf will show the process.
If your card is missing or stolen, please take immediate action!
- Contact the Mason ID Office at 703.993.1004. If after business hours, leave a voice mail requesting that your Mason ID be deactivated, clearly stating your name, G number, and contact information.
- Log into the Online Card Office to freeze the Mason ID. This will prevent any unauthorized usage of Mason Money and meal plans. Login here.
- Contact your office or building manager should the card be used for building access.
Where to Obtain the Mason ID:
|FAIRFAX CAMPUS||MASON ID OFFICE MSN 5A5|
Sub 1, Room 1203
|CAMPUS OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY||PRINT SERVICES/MASON ID OFFICE MSN 5F9|
Bull Run Hall, Room 108 A
|ARLINGTON CAMPUS||MASON ID OFFICE MSN 1H2|
Hazel Hall, Room 134
|LOUDOUN CAMPUS||SUITE 130|
21335 Signal Hill Plaza, MSN 1G9
STERLING, VA 20164
New Faculty and New Classified Staff are welcome to obtain their first Mason ID at the Human Resources Welcome Center located in the Commerce Building.
Students matriculating off campus are most welcome to obtain a Mason ID. Contact the Mason Card Office for more information.