Mason ID RequirementsMason IDs may be obtained on each campus. In order for a Mason ID to print:
- Students must be registered for the current semester.
- Electronic approval process must be complete for faculty/staff, contract employees, and affiliates.
- Some form of picture ID (i. e... current driver's license, military ID, Visa, Passport) must be presented before obtaining the first Mason ID.
- Please bring your 'G' number.
The first Mason ID is Free. If treated properly, the card will last your entire stay at Mason.
$10 Fee - This includes replacement, lost, damaged and stolen cards.
Do not puncture, laminate, or fold the Mason ID.
Mason IDs are not transferable. The Mason ID is for campus use and is intended to be used by the individual whose name and photo appears on the front of the card. Misuse is subject to judicial proceedings.
Digital Photo Submission
The Mason Card Office is now receiving pictures electronically for the Mason ID. Pictures can be submitted to the Online Mason Card Office through the Mason Money website or via Mason Money smart phone app. Once approval is received, visit the Mason Card Office to collect up your ID. Be sure to bring a valid form of photo identification. From this point forward, a driver’s license, military ID, or passport is required before a new or replacement Mason ID can be printed.
For currently enrolled students, wait until you receive confirmation that your electronically submitted picture has been approved. For new students going through orientation, you are welcome to submit a photo; however, it will not be printed until your orientation date.
Please take immediate action!
- Contact the Mason ID Office at 703.993.1004. If after business hours, leave a voice mail requesting that your Mason ID be deactivated, clearly stating your name, G number, and contact information.
- Log into the Online Card Office to freeze the Mason ID. This will prevent any unauthorized usage of Mason Money and meal plans. Login here.
- Contact your office or building manager should the card be used for building access.
Where to Obtain the Mason ID:
|FAIRFAX CAMPUS||PRINCE WILLIAM CAMPUS|
|MASON ID OFFICE MSN 5A5||PRINT SERVICES/MASON ID OFFICE MSN 5F9|
|SUB I||BULL RUN HALL|
|Room 1203||ROOM 108A|
|ARLINGTON CAMPUS||LOUDOUN CAMPUS|
|COPY CENTER/MASON ID OFFICE MSN 2G5||SUITE 130|
|HAZEL HALL||21335 SIGNAL HILL PLAZA, MSN 1G9|
|LAW LIBRARY||STERLING, VA 20164|
New Faculty and New Classified Staff are welcome to obtain their first Mason ID at the Human Resources Welcome Center located in the Commerce Building.
Students matriculating off campus are most welcome to obtain a Mason ID. Contact the Mason Card Office for more information.