About Mason Money
Mason Money is a prepaid declining balance account accessed with the Mason ID or Mason Money Card. It provides a fast, safe, and convenient way to make purchases on and off campus. Make deposits, check balances, deactivate lost cards using Mason Money Online.
There are several ways to add funds to Mason Money:
- Mason Money Online
- Mason Money app (available on Android and iOS)
- Mason Card, Sub 1, Room 1203, using Visa, MasterCard, Cash, or Check
- Mason Money Kiosks with Cash, Visa, or MasterCard
For more information about how to deposit and kiosk locations, click here.
Mason Money balances are refundable upon graduation or separation from the university. Early withdrawals are allowed under extenuating circumstances.
Click here for Mason Money Terms and Agreement.
Where To Use
Mason Money can be used on and off campus at select locations. Feel free to grab a bite or shop around at these locations on campus.
Want to eat or shop off campus? Look for the Mason Money Accepted Here sign at local businesses. See the current list.
No need to carry cash when you have Mason Money! Deposited funds are available for immediate use. Deposits can be made easily in person or online.
Mason Card Credit/Debit services are temporarily offline, we apologize for any inconvenience.
Customers are welcome to make Credit/Debit card transactions via the Mason Money Online or Mason Money Smart Phone app. The Mason Card is accepting cash or checks.
Depositing Funds Online
- Online Website — Open 24 hours a day! Visit Mason Money Online.
Accept the Mason Money Agreement, enter the username and password (same as your masonlive or gmu.edu email). Visa and MasterCard accepted.
- Mason Money App — Free Android and iOS apps are available. Search for "Mason Money" on the App Store.
- Guest Deposits — Generous parents, relatives, and friends… Make a guest deposit online for your favorite Mason student by accepting the Mason Money Terms and Agreement. When entering the G Number and use the G plus the following eight digits. Federal privacy laws restrict Mason Card from giving out G Numbers.
- Mason Money Patron Card Deposits — Use the patron feature for making deposits to a Mason Money Patron Card online.
Note: A $5 minimum deposit is required for making online deposits.
Depositing Funds in Person
- Mason Card — Visit Mason Card located in Sub 1, Room 1203. Cash, check, Visa, and MasterCard are accepted.
- Mason Money Patron Cards — can be purchased for $1 at most kiosks.
- Mason Money Kiosks — Visa, MasterCard are accepted at all kiosks. Cash denominations of $1, $5, $10, & $20 are accepted at most kiosks.
Mason Money Kiosks
Mason Money Kiosks are out of service temporarily. Until replacement kiosks are in place, see Depositing Funds Online above.
Mason Merchants are local businesses that accept Mason Money for purchases and services. The list of Mason Merchants is always growing, giving more options to eat and shop in the community with your Mason ID! View the Mason Merchants below, check out the location map, or look for stores that display the Mason Money sign.
If your favorite business does not appear on the list, please email us.
Become a Mason Merchant
Are you a business owner? Want to make an impact on student's off campus dining choices or retail options? Visit Become a Mason Merchant for information!