About Mason Money
Mason Money is a prepaid declining balance account accessed with the Mason ID or Mason Money Card. It provides a fast, safe, and convenient way to make purchases on and off campus. Make deposits, check balances, deactivate lost cards using Mason Money Online.
There are several ways to add funds to Mason Money:
- Mason Money Online
- Mason Money app (available on Android and iOS)
- Mason Card, Sub 1, Room 1203, using Visa, MasterCard, or Check
- Mason Money Kiosks with Visa or MasterCard
For more information about how to deposit and kiosk locations, click here.
Mason Money balances are refundable upon graduation or separation from the university. Early withdrawals are allowed under extenuating circumstances.
Click here for Mason Money Terms and Agreement.
Where To Use
Mason Money can be used on and off campus at select locations. Feel free to grab a bite or shop around at these locations on campus.
Want to eat or shop off campus? Look for the Mason Money Accepted Here sign at local businesses. See the current list.
No need to carry cash when you have Mason Money! Deposited funds are available for immediate use. Deposits can be made easily in person or online.
Depositing Funds Online
- Online Website — Open 24 hours a day! Visit Mason Money Online.
Accept the Mason Money Agreement, enter the username and password (same as your masonlive or gmu.edu email). Visa and MasterCard accepted.
- Mason Money App — Free Android and iOS apps are available. Search for "Mason Money" on the App Store.
- Guest Deposits — Generous parents, relatives, and friends… Make a guest deposit online for your favorite Mason student by accepting the Mason Money Terms and Agreement. When entering the G Number and use the G plus the following eight digits. Federal privacy laws restrict Mason Card from giving out G Numbers.
- Mason Money Patron Card Deposits — Use the patron feature for making deposits to a Mason Money Patron Card online.
Note: A $5 minimum deposit is required for making online deposits.
Depositing Funds in Person
- Mason Card — Visit Mason Card located in Sub 1, Room 1203. Check, Visa, and MasterCard are accepted.
Mason Merchants are local businesses that accept Mason Money for purchases and services. The list of Mason Merchants is always growing, giving more options to eat and shop in the community with your Mason ID! View the Mason Merchants below, or look for stores that display the Mason Money sign.
Mason Money Now Accepted on Grubhub
Mason Money can be used to make purchases anywhere Grubhub is accepted! This includes businesses in Fairfax and in your hometown. Download the app, tap Account the Campus Dining, find George Mason University, and place your order!
If your favorite business does not appear on the list, please email us.
Become a Mason Merchant
Are you a business owner? Want to make an impact on student's off campus dining choices or retail options? Visit Become a Mason Merchant for information!